The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Sayan Bhattacharya in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- National Deworming Initiative was launched by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Wrelfare on the occasion of the fourth National Deworming Day (observed on 10 February). It aims to reach more than 32.2 crore children aged between 1 to 19 years to combat parasitic worm infections.
- Web based monitoring System and Fly Ash mobile application named ASH TRACK was launched by the Ministry of Power recently. These platforms will enable better management of fly ash produced by thermal power plants by providing interface between ash producers (thermal power plants by providing interface between ash producers (thermal power plants) and potential ash users such as –cement plants, road contractors etc.
- The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development is considering to establish National Women Entrepreneurship Council (NWEC). It will be umbrella organization for socio-economic gender parity, financial inclusion and economic empowerment of women in India and to promote entrepreneurship among women. It will give advice to government on issues related to entrepreneurship in women as current business chambers are largely “male-dominated”.
- China’s People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) has commissioned its new generation J-20 fourth-generation stealth fighter into combat service. With this, China became second country in world to commissioned domestically developed stealth aircraft after United States.
- The Indian Health Fund (IHF) has come forward to financially support innovations and technologies designed to combat tuberculosis (TB) and malaria. It was launched by Tata Trusts in collaboration with Global Fund in August 2016. The initiative aims to support new products and strategies that impact entire lifecycle of malaria and TB, from prevention to post-cure recovery.
- Scientists from Britain and United States for first time have succeeded in growing human eggs in laboratory from earliest stages in ovarian tissue all way to full maturity. This is the first time human eggs have been developed outside the human body from their earliest stage to full maturity.
- Abhilasha Kumari was sworn in as the first woman and third full time Chief Justice of the Manipur High Court after being administered oath of office by Governor Najma Heptulla at the Raj Bhavan
- Six Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) was signed between Israel and Palestine in different areas including health and education. The MoUs were signed after bilateral talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas at Ramallah.
- The Integrated Automatic Aviation Meteorological System (IAAMS) at INS Garuda was recently unveiled by the Indian Navy at a naval air station located in Kochi, Kerala. It is overall fourth air station installed with this integrated system. IAAMS is ambitious project of Indian Navy to modernise Meteorological infrastructure of 9 Naval Air Stations (NAS). It is expected to bring accuracy in weather monitoring mechanism in the Indian Navy.