The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to receive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Sayan Bhattacharya in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) and Japan Coast Guard (JCG) conducted their biennial search and rescue naval exercise near Chennai, Tamil Nadu in Bay of Bengal. This was eighth such in series of ‘National Maritime Search and Rescue Workshop and Exercise’.
- The third edition of the geo-political conference – Raisina Dialogue was held in New Delhi jointly organised by the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and Observer Research Foundation (ORF). It was inaugurated by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. The theme of the conference for this year is ‘Managing Disruptive Transitions: Ideas, Institutions and Idioms’.
- Indo-US joint military exercise ‘Vajra Prahar’ will be held at Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) in Seattle in third week of January in line with the increasing military cooperation between both countries. Indian Army team from the Pune-headquartered Southern Command will participate. The exercise will mainly focus on special operations in urban areas.
- Bangladesh, India and Nepal agreed on text of operating procedures for passenger vehicle movement (Passenger protocol) in sub-region under Bangladesh-Bhutan-India-Nepal (BBIN) Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA).
- ‘IPrism’, a one of its kind Intellectual Property Competition was launched jointly by The Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM), Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) for college and university students. The one of its kind Intellectual Property (IP) Competition was launched by CIPAM-DIPP in association with ASSOCHAM and ERICSSON India.
- India and Sri Lanka signed four agreements for collaboration in Information and communication technology (ICT) sector between both countries. The MoU was sined by Union minister for Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad with his Sri Lankan counterpart in Colombo.
- The 65th Meeting of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) was held under Chairmanship of Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar in New Delhi.
- The International Workshop on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (IWDRI) was held in New Delhi and innaugurated by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. It was organised by National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in collaboration with United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR).