The Daily Briefs are a comprehensive update of current affairs for the day. If you’d like to Rreceive updates for current affairs every day, you’ll need to subscribe by entering your email address at the right side of this page. The previous Briefs can be accessed at the archives here. You can thank Sayan Bhattacharya in the comments below for this brief! Also, check out our test series!
- Indian Navy is likely to use advanced catapult-based aircraft launch mechanism (CATOBAR) from United States for its second indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC-II). With respect to the same both countries have held several rounds of discussions in joint working group (JWG) on Aircraft Carrier Technology Cooperation (JWGACTC) under Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) set up by them.
- Two BeiDou-3 navigation satellites named BeiDou-3 M1 and BeiDou-3 M2 were lauched into space by China successfully on board of single carrier rocket Long March-3B from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwestern province of Sichuan. These two satellites and carrier rocket were developed by China Academy of Space Technology and China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology, respectively.
- Indian women’s hockey team qualified for the 2018 World Cup after it won the 2017 Asia Cup hockey title. In the final match held at Kakamigahara in Japan, India defeated China by 5-4 goals in the penalty shoot-out.
- The most ancient spiral galaxy known as A1689B11 recorded so far in the universe have been discovered by scientists. It was detected using powerful technique using powerful technique that combines gravitational lensing with Near-infrared Integral Field Spectrograph (NIFS) on Gemini North telescope in Hawaii.
- The International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) has released ‘The Paradise Papers’, a global investigation that reveals the offshore activities of some of the world’s most powerful people and companies. Among 180 countries represented in the data, India ranks 19th in terms of number of names. In all names of 714 Indians have figured in this largest ever black money data leak.